St. Vincent de Paul—Parish Conference
Food Pantry needs
August 14—The next time you’re at the market, please remember St. Kevin’s Food Pantry and help out with a contribution of one (or more!) of the following items: coffee; cold cereal; spaghetti sauce (jars); instant potatoes; crackers; grape jelly and canned meats. Please leave donations in the appropriate plastic bins at the rectory-side entrance to the church. Many thanks for your generosity!
About St. Kevin Conference of St. Vincent de Paul
June 4—The St. Kevin Conference of St. Vincent de Paul (SVdP) meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in St. Kevin School. New members are always welcome to join and “Help Us Help Our Neighbors.” The Diocesan Council of Providence consists of almost 1,000 members and 35 parish-based conferences.
Some of the services and assistance that SVdP provides include:
- Home Visits: Our work is built around the home visit, meeting people where they live in a spirit of friendship and solidarity.
- Direct Assistance: SVdP provides direct assistance for a variety of basic human needs including heat, food, and clothing.
- Voice of the Poor: VOP is the advocacy arm of SVdP that addresses issues critical to those living in poverty through systemic change.
- Disaster Relief: Our disaster services play a key role in providing disaster training, long-term case management, coordination of community resources, and House-in-a-Box.
- Clothing and Textile Bins: Anyone can donate clothing in one of our collection bins. We manage 148 collection bins throughout Rhode Island, providing us with clothing for our neighbors and funding through the sale of bulk textiles.