From the Pastor’s Desk
- He has been with us for 29 years! Mr. Dennis Skidds, our school and church maintenance chief, well-known and beloved by all, is retiring Friday, Sept. 22. We cannot adequately express our gratitude in words. He has been the gentle and kind presence in our school, taking care of the physical plant with such dedication all the while focusing on the most important part of our school: the children. It’s impossible to count the many people he has touched with his kind smile, genuine words of support, and deep faith in God—not to mention his infamous practical jokes and “silly dance”! We will thank him with our prayers and at a reception following the 10 a.m. mass on Sunday, Sept. 24 in Fr. O’Hara Hall. Come thank and wish Dennis and his wife, Linda, the best as they retire to Florida. Many thanks to Dennis Skidds!
- And speaking of retirements … as you know, in August we bid farewell to Mr. Roger Parent who served St. Kevin School as principal for 9 years. His dedication, hard work and sincere love for each of our children made St. Kevin’s one of the diocese’s premier schools. We will celebrate his well-deserved retirement on Sunday, Nov. 19 at the noon mass to be followed by brunch at Harbor Lights Country Club. More information about tickets and reserving tables is to come.
- Last weekend your generosity was reflected in our parish’s special collection for the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. St. Kevin’s collected $3,134 and our friends at St. Benedict’s collected $1,000—a record high amount for a second collection at St. Benedict’s! The entire amount was sent to our diocese who will forward it to the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston to assist the many who lost everything. Many thanks for making the “Gospel of Love” a reality.
Religious Education 2017—18
Grades 1—8 [updated Sept. 18]
- CCD classes for students in grades 1 through 8 will begin on Sunday, Oct. 1. Classes will be held on Sundays at St. Kevin School from 8:50 to 9:50 a.m.
- New! Religious Education Policies for 2017-18
- Registrations are still being accepted. If your child was not baptized at St. Kevin’s, a baptismal certificate must be included with the competed registration form and $35 payment. Documents can be placed in weekend collection baskets at mass or brought to the parish office in an envelope labeled “CCD Registration.”
- Pay CCD registration fee online. INSTRUCTIONS: Click “Give Now” if you do not have an account with Parish Giving, or “Log in to give” to pay through your registered account.
- Parish office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. until noon. Note: registration fees are waived for St. Benedict’s students this year.
- Download CCD class schedule
Confirmation [updated Sept. 15]
- Late registrations are still being accepted. Submit a form, baptismal certificate (if your child was not baptized at St. Kevin’s), and $35 payment. Documents can be placed in the weekend collection basket or brought to the parish office. Please label envelopes “Confirmation Registration.” Note: registration fees are waived for St. Benedict’s students this year.
- Pay Confirmation registration fee online. INSTRUCTIONS: Click “Give Now” if you do not have a account with Parish Giving, or “Log in to give” to pay through your registered account.
- Revised Confirmation Schedule
Please consider making school tuition payments through Parish Giving, our electronic giving option. Making payments online is simple, convenient … and secure
Step-by-step instructions are below for new and returning users:
- Click to Parish Giving homepage
- Log in to your existing account, or create a new account
- Choose “School Tuition 2017-2018” from the dropdown menu
- Set up a tuition payment plan and schedule automatic deductions; or make a one-time payment
- Instructions for making payments and printing payment history (pdf)